Get a Straighter Smile With Invisalign Aligners
Posted by None on Jul 14 2021, 10:31 PM
Most of us think of metal braces when we think about correcting dental alignment issues using orthodontic treatment. While conventional metal braces continue to be one of the most popular options to fix misalignment issues of the teeth, various other options are also available; one of them being Invisalign.
For those who are looking for a less noticeable orthodontic solution, Invisalign is the answer. Invisalign aligners are custom-made, clear aligners that use advanced technology to gently guide the teeth into their ideal positions to fix mild to moderate malocclusion.
Benefits of Invisalign aligners
The Invisalign aligners offer an advanced, accurate, and comfortable option to treat adult and teen dental misalignment, offering clear aesthetic and health benefits over traditional metal braces.
Here are some of them:
- Nearly invisible: Invisalign aligners are clear and transparent. Hence, they align your teeth discreetly.
- Faster results: Invisalign aligners give excellent results in less time. The traditional metal braces can cause accidental movement of even the aligned teeth as they are wired together. This needs to be corrected later during the course of the treatment. On the other hand, Invisalign aligners work by precisely moving only the targeted teeth, resulting in less overall treatment time.
- Less dental appointments:Unlike metal braces, Invisalign aligners do not require wire tightening every four weeks. This means fewer dental appointments. Since the treatment plan involved in Invisalign is planned out accurately from the beginning, our dentists can give several aligners at each of your appointment to use at the consequent weeks. Therefore, patients usually need dental visits only every eight to ten weeks.
- Easier oral hygiene and maintenance of the teeth:Since we can take out the Invisalign aligners to eat food, brush, or floss teeth, it is easier to keep the teeth clean.
- No food restrictions:With metal braces, the patients can't eat seeds, nuts, crunchy vegetables, fruits, etc. Since the wearer can take off Invisalign aligners before eating food, Invisalign aligners allow the patient to eat everything they like.
- Comfortable:Invisalign aligners are made from a BPA-free thermoplastic material that does not irritate the mouth. Since it doesn't involve any metal wires, people can take part in sports and games wearing Invisalign without the fear of injuring the mouth. Besides, it is easy to insert and remove them as and when needed.
Thanks to dental technology advancements, Invisalign has gained popularity as a comfortable and aesthetic alternative to traditional metal braces.
At Boger Family Dental, Dr. Zachary I. Boger, with his vast experience in cosmetic dentistry, helps our patients obtain great-looking results with Invisalign braces. Call us at 408.286.3229 or schedule an appointment online.